As the festival season rolls on, this weekend the Hit The Deck Festival returns for its fourth outing. As always with over 40 bands playing across 6 stages, the Already Heard team has picked out 10 must-see bands to see at this weekend’s festival.
This Saturday the 2014 edition of Record Store Day takes place. With wealth of rare
releases to buy, Already Heard and Jon Tolley of Banquet Records have picked out 5 must by RSD 2014 releases.
Next week Philadelphia indie punks The Menzingers release, 'Rented World,' one of the
highly anticipated records of 2014 so far. In parts, it picks up where 2012's 'On The
Impossible Past' left off but it also shows the bands growth as songwriters and musicians. We recently spoke to Greg Barnett to discuss the album, the pressure of following up 'On The Impossible Past', their forthcoming London show and the Grozerock Festival.
Despite only forming last year, Essex rockers New City Kings have already gathered plenty of attention from their debut EP - 'Change.' Their radio-friendly rock sound that has seen them compared to a range of bands; Foo Fighters, Deaf Havana, and The Gaslight Anthem.
Already Heard spoke to Mark Kovic to find out more about New City Kings.
With their return to the UK imminent, the latest edition of "Versus" sees us putting the
focus on Alkaline Trio. Self-confessed Trio MEGA fan Jay Sullivan tells us why 'From
Here to Infirmary' is the band’s finest work. Whilst Alex Phelan explains how 'Maybe
I'll Catch Fire' is a superb example of musical catharsis.
12 months from releasing their debut EP, we speak to Blackpool pop-punk/emo
quintet Boston Manor to discuss their influences, achievements so far and thoughts on their contemporaries.
With their latest EP 'Change Nothing, Regret Everything.', Woking five-piece Employed
To Serve have produced 12 minutes of frantic, unrelenting hardcore that finds the band somewhere between The Dillinger Escape Plan and The Chariot. We spoke to Justine from the band to find out how the band has transitioned from a duo to a quintet and she discussed
being part of the Holy Roar! roster, they chaotic yet contained live shows and more.
In the latest edition of our "Tour Tales" feature, Irish doom-punk band Hornets talk us
through their recent UK tour where they played 8 shows in 7 days.
Leeds-based four-piece Walleater are set to digitally release their debut self titled EP next Monday (14th April) through Close To Home Records. We've got the exclusive first play
right here on Already Heard.
The fifth installment of Fearless Records' 'Punk Goes Pop' series will be released in the UK on November 5th.
Upon This Dawning are offering a free download of their cover of Carly Rae Jepson's 'Call Me Maybe' and can be downloaded from PunkGoes.com. The lyric video for the track can be viewed by clicking read more below.
'Punk Goes Pop 5' Tracklisting:
1. Memphis May Fire - Grenade (Originally recorded by Bruno Mars)
2. Upon This Dawning - Call Me Maybe (Originally recorded by Carly Rae Jepsen)
3. Mayday Parade - Somebody That I Used To Know (Feat. Vic Fuentes) (originally recorded by Gotye)
4. We Came As Romans - Glad You Came (Originally recorded by The Wanted)
5. Like Moths To Flames - Some Nights (Originally recorded by Fun.)
6. Breathe Carolina - Billie Jean (Originally recorded by Michael Jackson)
7. Forever The Sickest Kids - We Found Love (Originally recorded by Rihanna)
8. Issues - Boyfriend (Originally recorded by Justin Bieber)
9. The Maine - Girls Just Want To Have Fun (Feat. Adam Lazzara) (Originally recorded by Cyndi Lauper)
10. Crown The Empire - Payphone (Originally recorded by Maroon 5)
11. Craig Owens - Paradise (Originally recorded by Coldplay)
12. The Word Alive - Mercy (Originally recorded by Kanye West)
13. SECRETS - Ass Back Home (Originally recorded by Gym Class Heroes)